Invisalign® Candidates – Toronto
If crooked teeth have you feeling self conscious about your smile, Invisalign® treatment may be right for you. Invisalign® uses a series of clear dental trays to gently and discreetly reposition the teeth. To find out if you’re a good Invisalign® candidate, we invite you to schedule a consultation with Toronto dentist Sol Weiss.
What Is Invisalign®?
Invisalign® involves the use of a series of clear aligners, which gradually shift the teeth into their desired positions. Invisalign® trays are custom-made for added comfort and effectiveness. The aligners are worn throughout the day and while sleeping. However, they can be removed when eating, brushing, and flossing. The alignment trays are worn for about two weeks, and then the next tray in the series is used to continue the straightening process. While the length of time required for Invisalign® treatment will vary depending on the needs of the patient, most patients achieve their desired results within nine to 18 months.
Invisalign® offers many benefits over traditional orthodontics. The most obvious advantage is that the Invisalign® aligners are barely noticeable to others. Some other benefits include:
- More comfortable than traditional orthodontics: Invisalign® repositions the teeth using a series of smooth plastic trays, making them more comfortable than traditional metal braces.
- Removable for ease of maintaining proper dental care: Oral hygiene, such as brushing and flossing your teeth, is easy with Invisalign®. The Invisalign® trays are removable, so you can brush and floss like normal.
- Smooth plastic trays won’t cut the inside of the mouth like metal braces: Metal braces have sharp brackets, which can cut and irritate the inside of the lip. Invisalign® is made of smooth plastic so you don’t have to deal with the pain and irritation of metal braces.
- Removable while eating: Traditional orthodontics requires patients to avoid certain foods, including any hard, crunchy, or sticky food. Invisalign® can be removed while eating, allowing you to enjoy your favorite foods anytime.
- Nearly invisible: Invisalign® trays are made of a clear plastic so everyone will be able to see your smile instead of your orthodontics treatment.
Candidates for Invisalign®
Invisalign® is not suitable for all patients. Those with major alignment issues or severe malocclusion may not be suitable candidates for Invisalign®; in these cases, traditional orthodontic methods are a better option. Children and young teenagers are also not typically good candidates for Invisalign® because their teeth and jaws are still changing and growing.
Candidates for Invisalign® may include those who relate to one or more of the following:
- Mild alignment issues
- Mildly crooked teeth
- Unhappy with the appearance of crooked teeth
- Older teenagers and adults
- Healthy gums and teeth
In general, the Invisalign® treatment timeline is similar to that of braces. Most patients’ treatment time ranges from nine months to two years.
Schedule a Consultation
Invisalign® may be able to give you the smile desire without the discomfort of traditional metal braces. Find out if Invisalign® is right for you. Schedule a consultation with Dr. Weiss today.