Candidate for Cosmetic Dental Bonding – Toronto
When it comes to repairing dental aesthetic flaws, there is no treatment that is quicker and more affordable than cosmetic dental bonding. Dental bonding is a cosmetic dentistry procedure that can improve the appearance of your smile by masking dental problems and enhancing a tooth’s size and shape. Just about any patient with dental imperfections that affect the front facing teeth is a good candidate for cosmetic dental bonding. Contact our Toronto, ON practice, The Art of Dentistry, to find out if this procedure is right for you. Dr. Sol Weiss will perform a complete exam and recommend appropriate treatment options.
Cosmetic Dental Flaws
The cosmetic dental bonding procedure can be performed to address various tooth imperfections. You may undergo dental bonding if you have:
- Gapped teeth: If you have a gap between your two front teeth, the gap can be closed with dental bonding. During treatment, composite resin is applied to increase the width of the teeth and fill in the gap.
- A chipped or fractured tooth: A minor chip or tooth fracture in the front teeth or incisors can be filled in with composite resin. The composite resin can be used to add structure to the tooth, in the case of a chip. The material can also be used to fill in and mask any cracks.
- Tooth stains or discoloration: Certain types of tooth stains do not respond well to teeth bleaching treatment. Instead, discoloration that is the result of a root canal infection, the use of certain medications, or overuse of fluoride can be masked with the composite resin material. The composite resin is applied to the affected tooth or teeth in layers, until the stains are no longer noticeable.
- Misshaped or disproportionately small teeth: Some patients naturally have misshaped teeth or teeth that appear too small in comparison to surrounding teeth. The composite resin material that is used in the dental bonding procedure can be used to augment your tooth structure, making the treated tooth appear longer or wider.
- Slight misalignment: In some cases, dental bonding can be used to address minor misalignment issues such as a twisted tooth or overcrowding.
Any patient that wishes to undergo a cosmetic dental procedure such as dental bonding should have good oral health. If we detect any signs of tooth decay, gum disease, or other dental problems, we will recommend a comprehensive treatment plan that first addresses your oral health needs. Once your teeth and gums are in good health, we can proceed with the dental bonding procedure.
Patients that undergo the cosmetic dental bonding procedure typically do so because of the convenience it provides. The dental bonding procedure can be completed in one appointment, in one hour. In comparison, some other procedures such as veneers take two appointments spread out over two weeks, and Invisalign® treatment can take a few months to complete. In addition, dental bonding is one of the most affordable dental procedures. For this reason, patients searching for a less expensive and quick treatment option may opt for cosmetic dental bonding.
Contact The Art of Dentistry today to find out if you are a good candidate for cosmetic dental bonding.