Toronto – Teeth Whitening Candidates
Having teeth that are strong, healthy, and straight is ideal, but even under the best circumstances, if the teeth are not bright and white in colour, the overall appearance of the smile will be compromised. Unfortunately, the majority of patients are either dissatisfied with the colour of their teeth or are disturbed by the appearance of surface stains. The good news is that teeth whitening can significantly improve tooth colour and is one of the safest and fastest forms of cosmetic dentistry treatment. The professional teeth whitening treatments offered by Dr. Sol Weiss are effective, and most patients are a good candidates for treatment. We are happy to discuss with our Toronto patients who makes an ideal teeth whitening candidate, as well as the treatment options available for those who are well-suited for this procedure.
Teeth whitening is a non-invasive cosmetic treatment that causes little to no side effects, has a minimal risk of complications, and requires no downtime during recovery. Because of its gentle nature and high level of safety, teeth whitening is ideal for the majority of our dental patients. While a thorough examination with Dr. Sol is needed to accurately determine a patient’s candidacy for teeth whitening, below are the basic guidelines that make for a good teeth whitening candidate:
- Tooth color has become dull
- The teeth are yellow or gray in color
- The teeth are marred by stains
- Stains and discoloration are extrinsic in nature (meaning they are present on the outer layer of the tooth, or the enamel)
- The teeth and gums are in good health and are free of decay or infection
In general, teeth whitening treatment offers fast and effective results. Whether a patient is looking to improve the appearance of the smile to boost confidence or because they have a special event coming up and would like to have a beautiful smile that matches the occasion, teeth whitening treatment can give patients the bright, white smile they desire.
In order to ensure that teeth whitening treatment most closely meets the unique needs of each patient (and fits within their schedule), we offer two types of professional teeth whitening – both in-office and at-home.
- In-office treatment: For in-office treatment, we offer patients the Zoom!™ Whitening System. This technique can whiten the color of the teeth by an average of eight shades after just a single treatment session that is roughly an hour in length. This technique is ideal for patients looking for drastic and immediate whitening results.
- At-home: For those patients who prefer a whitening method that they can alter on their own schedule, we do offer at-home teeth whitening. Using custom mouth trays and professional-strength whitening gel, patients can get teeth that are several shades brighter in a matter of a few weeks.
Schedule an Appointment
Do you want brighter and whiter teeth? If so, Dr. Sol Weiss can help. Schedule an appointment at your earliest convenience to learn more about our teeth whitening treatment options and to find out if you are an ideal candidate for this cosmetic procedure. We look forward to hearing from you!