The cost of a smile makeover depends on several factors, but many would argue that you cannot put a price on something that could change your life.
The smile you present not only to the world, but to yourself when you look in your mirror, can give you a world of confidence. Feeling good about yourself boosts your physical and mental health, and it makes it easier for you to succeed in all areas of your life.
What Is A Smile Makeover?
As the name suggests, a smile makeover is the process of improving the appearance of your teeth and gums – essential elements to a good smile.
Although smile makeovers are generally done for cosmetic purposes, the procedures done may provide clinical benefits by improving your overall dental health.
Examples of the problems that may be repaired during a smile makeover include the following:
- Chipped, cracked or broken teeth
- Crooked or misaligned teeth
- Overbites and underbites
- Teeth that are too close together, resulting in overlapping
- Teeth that are too widely spaced, resulting in gaps
- Missing teeth
- Receding gum lines
- Discoloured or unevenly coloured teeth
Related Article: Cosmetic Dental Procedures for Your Smile
How Is The Smile Makeover Done?
The first step in any smile makeover is an in-depth consultation, during which we will find out what elements of your smile you want to improve. We will learn about relevant medical and dental history, and we will make recommendations based on your unique set of needs and challenges.
Once we have agreed on a plan of action, we will take impressions, x-rays and measurements, so we can start the process of creating a smile that is perfect for you.
The procedures that we may perform include the following:
- Replacement of amalgam or discoloured fillings with new ones that match the shade of your teeth
- Reshaping and contouring of the gums and removal of excess gum tissue, to give you a natural-looking gum line
- Tooth whitening to resolve discolouration or unevenly shaded teeth
- Invisalign – a safe, gentle and more attractive alternative to metal braces as a way of straightening the teeth
- Gum grafts to cover and protect exposed tooth surfaces that can be both unsightly and sensitive to hot and cold
- Dental crowns to provide strength and stability for damaged teeth while making them look attractive
- Porcelain veneers that are attached to the front teeth for both strength and aesthetics
How Much Does A Smile Makeover Cost?
Part of what makes life so exciting is the fact that we are all unique – and that includes our smiles. No two smile makeovers will ever be the same, because we all want different things, and we have our own sets of challenges and circumstances. Therefore it is difficult to come up with an average cost for a smile makeover. It can range from a couple of hundred dollars for tooth whitening to several thousand dollars for multiple extensive procedures.
Factors that can impact the cost of a smile makeover include the following:
- What procedures will you need? If you have complicated dental needs, you may need more procedures. The procedures vary in cost depending on the complexity, duration, and equipment and skills needed.
- Do you have any pre-existing conditions? Certain medical or dental conditions can make some procedures more difficult or unsuitable. You should always disclose as much information as you can, including any medications that you use.
- What procedures can the dentist perform? Some dental treatments can be performed by any qualified dentist; others require additional training and certification. If your dentist is well-known for performing a specific set of smile makeover procedures, they may charge more.
- Is the procedure recommended? Although most smile makeover procedures are suitable for the vast majority of patients, in some instances, your dentist may advise against a particular procedure. If this happens, your dentist will recommend an alternative that is better for you. This alternative may cost more or less than the option you originally had in mind.
What If I Can’t Afford The Price Tag?
If your smile makeover involves multiple procedures – or one procedure on multiple teeth – the cost can seem high. There are some things you can do to make it easier on your wallet:
- Talk to your insurance company. As a general rule, most dental insurance companies do not provide coverage for cosmetic procedures. However, some dental procedures that improve the aesthetics of a smile may be necessary from a dental health perspective, and these may be covered by your insurance.
- Talk to your dentist. At The Art Of Dentistry, we offer easy financing options that will enable you to pay an affordable amount each month.
- Consider staggering your procedures. If you need to undergo more than one procedure, you may be able to space them out to ease the load on your finances.
Related Article: 8 Things You Should Know about Sedation Dentistry
Why Choose The Art Of Dentistry?
At Art Of Dentistry, we take pride in the quality of our dentistry and the reliability of our customer service. Here are some of things you can expect when you come to see us:
- A highly qualified, experienced team of experts who will explain your options in detail and answer all of your questions
- A detailed assessment, during which we will get to know you, find out what you want to accomplish, and present all of your options
- A smile makeover plan that is tailor-made just for you
- Transparency when it comes to costs – you will not get any unpleasant surprises after the work has been done
- Top quality post-procedural care, including detailed home care instructions and follow-up appointments to make sure everything looks good
To find out more about our smile makeovers, or to book an assessment, give us a call today. Your journey to the perfect smile can start right now.