25 Bellair Street, Toronto, ON, Canada Tel: 416-927-7677 Languages: English, Mandarin, Polish, RussianGet Directions | Virtual Tour | Virtual Consultation
Monday 9:00am - 6:00pm
Tuesday 8:00am - 7:00pm
Wednesday 8:00am - 5:00pm
Thursday 8:00am - 7:00pm
Friday 8:00am - 1:00pm
Saturday 9:00am - 3:00pm (once a month)
Preserve Your Oral Health and Minimize Your Risk of Complications with Preventive Dentistry
Several factors contribute to decay, tooth loss, periodontal disease, and other conditions. Fortunately, Dr. Sol Weiss provides advanced, safe, and effective preventive dentistry treatments at his Toronto, Ontario, office. You can minimize your chance of developing serious dental conditions by maintaining good oral health thorough preventive checkups and examinations. During these twice-yearly visits, our team can keep your teeth free of plaque and tartar and ensure that your gums are healthy.
What is Preventive Dentistry?
Preventive dentistry encompasses professional dental care and practicing good hygiene at home. There are several different methods that fall under this category, some as basic as brushing and flossing, and others as advanced as laser gum therapy.
Best Preventive Practices at Home
There are several things you can do at home to keep your mouth healthy and bacteria at bay:
- Brushing: It may seem obvious, but brushing at least twice a day can lead to thriving oral health. Not only does brushing remove food and bacteria, but it also stimulates the gums, which promotes good periodontal health.
- Flossing: Flossing at least once a day is necessary to remove debris from between the teeth that brushing cannot reach.
- Mouthwash: The regular use of mouthwash can reduce the amount of acid in the mouth, clean hard-to-reach areas, and deliver minerals to the teeth. Dr. Sol Weiss can recommend the best type to meet your unique needs.
- Stay hydrated: Hydration is the key to achieving overall optimal health. Not only does water flush out some harmful sugars and bacteria, but your body simply functions more effectively when it is properly hydrated.
- Minimize consumption of sugary and acidic foods: It is important to limit the amount of certain foods and drinks you consume. Sugar and acid can wear down the enamel over time, and lead to cavities and a host of other problems.
Preventive dentistry encompasses professional dental care and practicing good hygiene at home.
In order to ensure optimal health, even meticulous oral hygiene needs to be combined with professional, in-office care. Exams, cleanings, and oral cancer screenings represent the most basic preventive measures.
Dental Exams and Cleanings
During your cleaning, one of our hygienists will remove plaque and tartar from along the gum line to prevent the accumulation of harmful bacteria. The hygienist will also clean and polish the surfaces of your teeth, and floss around each tooth. Dr. Sol Weiss will perform an in-depth examination to check for damage, such as decay, chips, or cracks in the teeth, and also evaluate any restorations in the mouth.
Oral Cancer Screening
Dr. Weiss is trained to identify soft tissue abnormalities that may indicate oral cancer. The disease typically responds well to treatment in its earliest stages, which is why it is important to schedule preventive checkups with Dr. Weiss twice per year.
Achieve Optimal Oral Health
Preventive dentistry is integral to achieving good oral health. If you neglect these simple habits, it could result in periodontal disease, cavities, and more. Dr. Weiss is a top dentist in the Toronto area, and he is passionate about helping you maintain the healthy smile you deserve. Contact The Art of Dentistry to schedule your consultation.