Toronto Dental Bridge Candidates
If you suffer from one or more missing teeth, but not enough to require dentures, dental bridges may be right for you. Dental bridges are a great option for replacing missing teeth to restore dental function and appearance. Read on to learn more about candidates for dental bridges or schedule a consultation with Toronto cosmetic dentist Sol Weiss to discuss your treatment options.
What Are Dental Bridges?
There are different types of dental bridges used to address the specific needs of each patient. Although the different types of dental bridges vary slightly from one another, they share some common characteristics. All dental bridges include one to three prosthetic teeth, which are anchored in place by surrounding teeth or dental implants.
The type of dental bridge that is right for you will depend on your specific needs, budget, and health. The different types of bridges include traditional bridges, Maryland bonded bridges, cantilever bridges, and implant-supported bridges. Traditional bridges are made of an artificial tooth, or teeth, sandwiched between two dental crowns. The dental crowns are placed on the surrounding teeth to hold the bridge in place. Maryland bonded and cantilever bridges can be used when only one tooth is available to anchor the dental bridge in place. Implant-supported bridges are held in place with dental implants instead of the surrounding teeth.
Candidates for Dental Bridges
Dental bridges offer many benefits, like improved dental function and appearance. With proper care, dental bridges can last well over 15 years. Dental bridges are suitable for most people who suffer from missing teeth. Implant-supported bridges are the only dental bridge treatment that requires surgery, so those who opt for this treatment must be healthy enough to undergo surgery. All other forms of dental bridge treatment are non-surgical, making many patients good candidates for dental bridges. Candidates include:
- Those missing one or more teeth but not enough for dentures: Dental bridges are great for restoring missing teeth when dentures are not an option.
- Those who want fast tooth replacement: Dental bridges instantly restore missing teeth.
- Those who want to avoid dental implant surgery: Dental implants can be used to restore individual teeth, however, it does require surgery and months of healing. Those who don’t want to undergo surgery should consider traditional dental bridges for tooth replacement.
- Those who are not healthy enough for surgery: Some patients are not healthy enough to undergo dental implant surgery. Traditional dental bridge treatment does not require surgery, making it a great option for those who have medical conditions that preclude them from being good candidates for surgery.
- Those who are unhappy with tooth loss: Tooth loss negatively impacts quality of life. If you’re unhappy with tooth loss, whether due to difficulty eating or the appearance of missing teeth, dental bridges can restore your smile.
- Those who desire a cost-effective tooth replacement option: Traditional dental bridges are typically covered by dental insurance, making this treatment an excellent option for patients with budgetary constraints.
Schedule a Consultation with Dr. Weiss
Don’t suffer with missing teeth any longer. You can enjoy a healthy, fully functioning smile with dental bridge treatment. Find out if you’re a candidate. Schedule a consultation with Dr. Weiss, today!